High-Fructose Corn Syrup

Anyone else see the high-fructose corn syrup ads, and just laugh? It cracks me up because the anti-HFCS people are made out to be morons that don't know why you should avoid it, and yet the sugar word never comes up once! Do they really think their ads are going to change people's mind, that suddenly we'll all look at the ingredients on something and be totally ok with the fact that the first ingredient is sugar?? It just makes me laugh.... :-)

I'm feeling sort of better after a nap, but still exhausted. I'm going to let myself off the treadmill routine (although I am bummed, because my new shoes came in today and I'm so excited! More on that later.) and plan on hitting it tomorrow.

Ok, the shoes. In my running days, I regularly bought new shoes as I wore them out running- the last pair of running shoes I bought was in 2004. I started using the treadmill with my old shoes, and the ache in my legs had nothing to do with muscle fatigue. I went shoe shopping and my beautiful new Asics Gel Kayano-14 shoes arrived in the mail today. Aren't they gorgeous??

I didn't even think about this until I got them, but they're huge! I ordered a size 10, which is the size shoe I wear- but my old Nike's were a size 9! You never think about what grows when you gain 75lbs, but your feet are not immune. I have a closet full of seriously cute size 9 shoes, I might have to pull them out as inspiration.

1 comments:

Janna said...
January 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Just wanted to say hi...keep up the great work and GO TEAM LYNN!!

Have a great one!

Janna