Habits

Yes, it is 5am and I am still up. I'm using this prepping for night shift to my advantage and I'm seriously proud of myself. I have just hauled my sweaty and (no doubt) fragrant self off the treadmill after an awesome workout tonight, twice as long in time but I upped the interval aspect of it. I slowed the speed down (2.0 instead of 2.5) but I did several times the incline.

Normally I do:
5 minutes at 10.0
5 minutes at 7.5
5 minutes at 5.0
5 minutes at 2.5

But today I did:
5 minutes 10.0 x3
5 minutes at 7.5 x2
5 minutes at 5.0 x2
5 minutes at 2.5 x2

Why the sudden burst of workout frenzy? Couple things.

One- I am seriously inspired by watching Season 6 of Biggest Loser. I've got the episodes on my iPhone, and even watched one while on the treadmill (phenomenal way to not even realize the minutes are flying by!) and these people are amazing. Each person has something that reminds me of myself, and there are little phrases that come to mind at certain points- especially from the trainers. How badly do I want this?? Oh I want this.

Two- I wrote a rant about a family member today. It was cathartic, to get it all off my chest and out there. I've pulled that post now because I believe its served its purpose. I'm on my journey. This is about me. Moving on.

Three- I totally ate too much at dinner. Dinner roll the size of a grapefruit (with butter), half a bowl of caesar salad, pasta and seafood in a white wine sauce, and a glass of wine. *sigh* My only saving grace is that my eating schedule is soo screwed up that the only other thing I ate today was a Slim-Fast shake for lunch. Haven't run that through the WW Points Tracker yet, but I'm cringing at the thought.

But I'm still proud of my workout, I was actually looking forward to my husband going to bed and having some Me Time on the treadmill. That is so not normal, I do Me Time on the couch, but I wanted to do it on the treadmill. Who am I, and what have they done with the real Rebecca??

This journey is starting out really well, but I do worry about momentum. I'm usually good for about two weeks and it starts to peeter out. But I also know that it usually takes about 21 days to create a habit. I can carry on through the 21 days to make these new changes my lifestyle- my habits.

And oh yeah- Go Team Lynn!! :-)

3 comments:

~Tammy said...
January 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Kudos to you for a great work out.

Go Team Lynn!

Vanessa said...
January 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Great job on the workout!

Lex said...
January 9, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Nice job on the workout!!