Can I Be the Biggest Loser??

Ok, I'm going to just close my eyes and jump! I've joined the Biggest Loser Blog Edition 2nd Season and I'm so excited! http://biggestloserblogedition.blogspot.com

I normally hate any kind of public weight related stuff, but the internet is such a nice safe haven for those (like me) that are mortified to ever discuss this kind of stuff in public!

My starting weight is 237 pounds (say it with me now- Oh. My. God.) and my weigh-in day is Sunday. My goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, which is 23.7 pounds.

Today is hardly an auspicious start to my day- I have eaten a mini-Totino's pizza, 3 large sugar cookies, honey shrimp and rice, an eggroll, and about 6 cans of Diet Dr. Pepper. I was about to type 'My only excuse is....' but I have no excuse. lol

The positives from the day? I've managed to drink about 40oz of water, which is better than I would have thought- and now that I've typed that, I think I'll refill my water bottle and see if I can't hit 64oz. before bedtime!

And I was on the treadmill today too! I recently saw an ad for an incline trainer by Nordic Track (what actually got my attention was the fact that Jillian from BL has workouts customized for it- omg!) and thought huh, that'd be interesting. You can burn 800 calories on that thing- I cannot even fathom what you must feel like after burning 800 calories, because my lungs have combusted before I hit 200. But anyway, I realized that the incline on our treadmill goes up to 10, so I did 5 minutes at 10 with a speed of 2.5mph. It was pretty impressive, I could feel the burn up my glutes and into my lower back! My goal has been to be able to do a 45-60 minute run (like I used to way back when!) but I think I might throw some incline work in there too to change it up.

Biggest Loser, here I come!

2 comments:

Danielle said...
January 5, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I just read through your posts and I really like what you have said! It sounds like you have great goals and good support. I look forward to reading along!

Kiki said...
January 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM

LOVE the title of your blog. This IS a Lifelong journey and we have to be committed to that - making these changes lifelong!

You sound really on top of things and to have your dh doing this with you is AWESOME! I wish I could get mine to begin but I guess for now I'll lead by example.