Refresh for February

So its the first of February now, I've been at this weight loss thing for an entire month. I turned in my weight for the month of January at 230.0 even. Not bad, considering I'm down 7lbs, or 9lbs if you go from the highest weight I hit this month. I would normally be seriously bummed that that was all I could accomplish in a month, but when I consider the significant level of working out I've done (well, significant compared to 2008!) it makes me feel better. I can just see the changes starting to happen in my pictures, and that's really what is going to keep me pushing through now.

I think the biggest change in the past month has been my relationship with food. I honestly don't know whose blog I read it on, but it was the concept of food as fuel for your body. I've spent years of my life (ab)using food to feed my soul, thereby mistreating my body with overeating and not eating stuff that helps my body. I look at what I've eaten over the past month, and I have to say I have never eaten this many vegetables in my life! I'm excited, because a lot has changed this month and I'm looking forward to February and the changes that are coming.

As far as today , it was only so-so for eating, mostly coming down to the dog and I sharing a roll of Ritz crackers. Marmot hates it that I feed the dog, but one-Ritz-for-me-and-then-one-for-Max is what kept me from eating the entire roll myself! I'm not going to beat myself up for the so-so eating day, and just bask in the fact that I had the entire weekend with my husband. Still fighting off the cold, but god bless Zicam! I'm still not feeling good, but I'm questioning whether I'm still sore from 30 Day Shred or achy from being sick. Or achy from too much couch time! Either way, I'm looking forward to my gym appointment with Joe tomorrow. I even bought workout pants from Target.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, and here's to a great week ahead! :-)

1 comments:

lemon_tart said...
February 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Hi there, I just came across your blog. It looks great. I love seeing your progress photos!