Recap

Today I met with the trainer at the gym (last week had to be postponed) and that was awesome! We only got halfway through my strength building program, he's very focused on form which is great. I'm going to have a 45-50 minute routine, working the major muscle groups and the core. I go in tomorrow for the second half of the workout, and then I'm going to start my routine on Wednesday! I'm also hoping to get downtown for a Ease Into Cycling class with my sister if at all possible.

I gave the trainer guy (Joe) an abridged version of my plans for the year, the eating better, losing weight, having a regular workout routine, etc. He warned me not to burnout, that its common to have that happen. On one hand, I totally didn't want to hear it. Me, burn out?? No freaking way, I am on a roll baby! On the other hand, I hope I'm not heading down that track. I decided to try the elliptical for 10 minutes (whoa is that different from the treadmill!) and it gave me some time to think. Am I on a burnout path? My conclusion after 10 minutes of contemplation was no. The changes I'm making are small in the whole scheme of my life. Fewer calories, more steps. That's pretty much it. I haven't made any changes that I don't think I could do forever, all of them are workable- making better food choices, and a committment to daily exercise 3 days a week. They're not huge changes, they just take committment. I almost got a little irritated while thinking about it, because I don't want there to be any doubt. No burnout for me, I can totally do this!

Food choices have been a little weird today. Breakfast was my usual SF shake, nothing new there. I had half a takeout container of Indian food, which made for an interesting lunch. I know there was rice, some peas, chicken, possibly some eggplant, and only God knows what else! I couldn't even begin to guess whats in it to get a calorie count, so I'm just going to hope the curry will kill all the calories anyway. Hah! Dinner was crockpot chicken and rice, and two tablespoons of lingonberry sauce for a sweet treat after dinner.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday- its that much closer to Friday! :-)

3 comments:

Deb said...
February 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Your trainer is probably just used to the influx of new clients at the beginning of each new year who start out gung ho and then give up. You'll show him something different though! I'll be interested to see how it continues to go with your trainer. I have considered getting one but have never done it.

Myrtle said...
February 2, 2009 at 9:09 PM

That's what I'm hoping! Its the beginning of February, the New Year's firecrackers (big bang, some flashes of light, and then gone- lol) should be cleared out soon!

Lisa said...
February 3, 2009 at 12:24 PM

good for you!! you can do this!!!

thank you for your comments on my blog..they really mean alot to me!

xo