Holy Smokes!

Its been forever since I've posted! Its been a blur of a few weeks, I've been getting up early and then going to bed early, but its been GREAT. I've also been on SparkPeople alot, they have a nice blog feature too that I've ignored until today, so maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone and put my blog entries into both places!

Ok, so today I was lucky enough to have this morning off, I didn't go into work until noon. I disregarded best intentions and slept until 9 (!) and then got out of bed to move to the couch to watch TV (I don't know why I'm fat, really).

I've been doing the Couch to 5k program, and today's workout was 10 minutes of walking, 4 of jogging, and 6 minutes of walking again. I started out, and was inspired by the sounds of my feet hitting the treadmill (wow, I sound like REAL runners at the gym!) but the shin burning feeling kind of intruded on that.

About a minute in, I was thinking wow, this suuuuuucks.

And then I started with the thoughts of maybe I'll stop at two minutes, I'm way out of shape for this.

I made myself banish the thought, but it came back at three minutes!

But I did it anyway, and told myself that I will NEVER get anywhere if I don't push myself! You don't gain muscle strength by only doing the exercises that are FUN, and feel good. Its going to burn, I need to start recognizing the BURN as the GOOD feeling!

SO yeah, I did my four minutes of jogging and I had a BIG grin on my face during my cool down walk. I totally rocked that four minutes, and I'm going to do it again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...
April 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Good for you pushing through! I started the Couch to 5K on December 28th, and this past Saturday I ran a complete 5K in 39:38 minutes! The plan works, but totally sucks bad.

Carlos said...
April 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM

awesome progress way to not give up!