*Sigh*

I'm proud of myself for what I've done so far. But I'm also feeling like I'm doing an uphill battle with the comparison game. I'm intensely competitive, as my husband and family can attest to. So when I'm losing weight (which has the added clout of being extremely personal!) its sometimes a good thing that I'm competitive because it spurs me on! But it also pulls me down when I'm constantly comparing my progress to somebody elses.

The scale has not budged in a week. Seriously. I'm doing the right stuff in terms of getting my physical activity in and monitoring what goes in my mouth, but I feel like I just haven't found the right combination. I'm going to be adding more physical activity starting this weekend, so we'll see what happens.

I'm still plodding along, and I'm still proud of myself. I'm just feeling a little frustrated.

5 comments:

Lainey said...
April 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I feel EXACTLY the same way right now. Don't worry, the weight has to come off eventually!

andrea. said...
April 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I totally know what you mean about the competitive thing, and feeling frustrated when other people's progress seems so much better than yours. I had a mini fit about it back in February, getting so frustrated seeing bloggers post about 'binges' and then two days later have a 2 or 3 lb loss!! It seemed so unfair! But you know what? This probably isn't the nicest thing to say, but most of those bloggers whose binges I was 'jealous' of are now completely off the wagon, and my total loss has far surpassed theirs. And while I don't take pleasure in that the fact that they're struggling, it makes me feel good to know that my way -- slow and steady -- really does pay off. Like your blog title says, "it's a lifelong journey". And as long as you keep at it, you WILL get there, regardless of anyone else's success or failures.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...
April 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM

what's the name of your blog chicky? :)

Ok, so easy to point out, harder to actually believe. I find myself complaining over and over again all along while bloging about how this is a jorney not a destination. It's good to reflect. You are doing awesome and are exactly where you need to be right now at this very moment.

Have a great weekend!

Carlos said...
April 17, 2009 at 5:03 PM

hang in there it's not a sprint... more like a last man standing cage match kinda thang!

Mary Beth said...
April 19, 2009 at 2:51 AM

I can so relate to this. I have struggled with this in the past going to WW with my sister n law. And since I have been blogging I have felt unworthy of blogging due to not losing weight.