Venting

Every once in awhile, you just need to let it all out. Despite the NSV's, I'm in a slump and not happy about life. My Mom says sometimes you just have to erupt and get it out of your system. Well, here it is.

*I have been ramping up the physical activity and cutting the calories (1500-1700) and have only been over 1700 twice this week, and one of them wasn't even over 1800. I've emphasized fruits and veggies (no less than 4 servings a day, but 8 almost half the week). And after all that I have not lost a single damn pound. I wasn't expecting a 20lb weight-loss from the week and a half of effort, but seriously, not even half a pound??

*My Biggest Loser buddies are doing extremely well, and I'm barely keeping it under my starting weight.

*I'm actually flipping out over my sister-in-law who is (not only naturally skinny) but adorably pregnant, and has taken what I've irrationally considered MY baby girl names of Charlotte and Ella.

*We're leaving in less than a week to spend 6 days with my in-laws. I hate traveling, and my MIL makes me nervous.

*My house is a disaster, and I'm so behind on laundry that I'm almost out of clean underwear.

And really that about covers it. I've been cranky all weekend, and I have a Biggest Loser weigh-in three hours from now. Dammit.

4 comments:

Nerd Girl said...
April 26, 2009 at 4:09 PM

this has happened to me...just continue doing what you KNOW is the right thing to do and all the sudden you will start dropping weight like crazy. sometimes our bodies just decide to make us wait.

Natasha said...
April 26, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Sounds like you're having a bit of a tough time. I'm sorry to hear that. It's SO frustrating when you know you're doing the right things, and yet, your body refuses to budge.

[Skip this if you weren't looking for unsolicited advice]
This is of course only speculation, but sometimes stress can wreak havoc on weight. Also, if you've been following the same food plan (what I mean is: if you are eating the same thing most days), your body might just be used to it and needs a shakedown. Not saying that this is true, but if it is, maybe mix up what you're eating? Finally, you might be losing inches and not pounds. That certainly has been the case for me recently. I've lost about an inch all over, and in some cases 3 inches. It might be worthwhile to keep track of inches as well as pounds.

I agree with the comment above. If you keep doing the right things the weight will come off eventually. Keep at it.

Fat[free]Me said...
April 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Another case of the Slow To Respond scales, I think. Keep on at it and they will catch up eventually. Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Carlos said...
April 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

hang in there. it will pass. keep doing what you are doing. inlaws suck! What about bella?