The Burn

Ok, so you are probably well acquainted by now with the fact that I'm a wimp. Its very true, and I will heartily admit it. I am not someone that 'thrives in a challenge' especially the physical type. I am the person who stops 30 minutes into a 40 minute workout DVD and says 'Oh I'm done now, it was starting to burn so thats good enough for me'

I did Jillian Michael's Cardio Kickboxing DVD today, 25 minutes of no-stopping-not-even-for-water and my-lungs-are-on-FIRE move after move. I seriously thought I was going to die. But then when I realized that I didn't die (!) I followed up with 30 minutes of Supercharged Sculpting. But I was looking at Jillian's body thinking yep, someday- and then suddenly had the thought, I'll bet she didn't get the body by not pushing herself.

Ulghhhh. I hate self-reflection. But reality is, I'm not going to get where I want without the burn. Or without feeling winded and sweaty. Or without having my undies ride up my ass in the midst of the tall box climb. Its just going to happen. I won't say I'm ok with that, because its a paradigm shift to think of this kind of physical activity being a daily thing. I'm not ok with it yet, but I'm learning to be ok with that.

1 comments:

Lainey said...
April 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM

That's why I like my Richard Simmons' exercise dvd's. Don't laugh! I find myself smiling and laughing during the dvd, and actually having fun. And apparently, I like having a funny little man with crazy hair telling me to "sparkle," and that I'm fantastic! LOL!

But good for you for doing well with yours!