Amazing

I have to say- I never ever ever in my life thought I'd say this- but getting up early has been by far the best weight-related thing I've ever done for myself.

All last week I was up by 5am, doing 45-minutes to an hour of either treadmill or a workout DVD. My husband gets up at 6am and we have our usual morning routine getting ready for work. But I noticed some big differences. I didn't need coffee at work, because I'd had enough time to 'wake up' on my own. I felt SO good all day, major energy all day. And I've been completely psyched to have the entire evening to myself, without the chore of working out ahead of me. Yes, I'm tired earlier in the evening- I'll be honest, the first few days I was asleep by 8:30! But that's leveled out to about 9ish, and I feel amazing. And bonus, my husband says I'm not so crabby in the morning! lol

I'm totally messing that schedule up by two half-night shifts (7p-3a) to cover some funeral leave, but I'll be back to the early morning action on Thursday. I have a cold again (why??) but I'm hitting the Zicam and Theraflu and easing up on the workouts. Food choices this week haven't taken a decidedly vegetarian turn, which I'm really enjoying. Marmot hasn't minded so far!

Hope you all are having a fabulous week!

5 comments:

~TMcGee~ said...
March 31, 2009 at 4:11 PM

That's awesome! :-) Hey, pick up some Pro-biotics at your local health/nutrition store (they'll be in the refrigerated section). It has helped to keep the colds at bay or very short lived since we started them several months ago.

Hotch Potchery said...
March 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM

mm. I might have to try it. I am groggy until mid day the way I am doing it now!

new*me said...
March 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Morning exercise rocks! Love getting that happy boost early in the morning!

Crystal is fat! said...
April 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM

You rock!!!

I don't think I could do it! I <3 sleep to much!

Jade said...
April 5, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Great job on the early morning workouts! I prefer working out first thing in the morning because of the energy boost it gives me, but also like working out in the evenings because it keeps the munchies at bay. Keep it up!