Knee Update

Ok, so I had a rather disappointing visit to the doctor. Now I know that PMR is *not* their strong point. (Exhibit A: my right arm with a radial head fracture, that only recently completely regained an acceptable amount of strength and range of motion. Eight months after the fracture and I still have numbness and little strength, I was told to ice it. Seriously.)

So yeah, the knee. I have a specific spot on the side of my knee (if my anatomy is correct, its either my lateral collateral ligament or the head of the fibula) that I can press and get hella pain down my leg. Can't twist it, can't kneel. I'm sucking it up, but its uncomfortable to walk any good distance and its been over a week and a half since the injury. And the brilliant doctor had what advice? Round-the-clock ibuprofen for the next 10-14 days.

Called Dr. Dad and he was not amused. He's back from his conference so I'll be getting down there asap for an eval, and told me I'm off the treadmill til then. This SUCKS.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...
March 11, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Your dad is right, you need to stay off the treadmill until this is taken care of. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery your way.

Carlos said...
March 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM

sorry that sounds awful. I hope your dad can sort it out.