Cheats

We went to my parents and I did my usual weekend screw up, and am now up a pound- but I’ve gotten rather pragmatic about cheats. It has to be something I’ve been dying to have, and I have a tiny amount of it. Of the spread that my Mom put out, I had a small spoonful of potato salad.

I know cheating is not in my best interest- but I do feel like, to some extent, it helps me for the time ahead. She had any number of things I could have binged on, but I only wanted two things and I had the amounts I needed to satisfy myself, not a bite more. In some way, I was intentional about it! I wasn’t going to waste a cheat on something I don’t like that much, and I ate much less than I have on previous cheats. It was interesting to observe my level of self-control, and it makes me feel like maybe I’ll survive P3 and P4 after all!

0 comments: